What The F R E N C H T O A S T ❝ babbling · ranting · eating ❞   |   facebook  ·   twitter   ·   tumblr  ·   youtube   ·   etc   · follow





esskay
Hey hey. I'm Sasha.
Digital storyteller,
Photographic narrator,
Hogwarts alum.
In real life, I write things. I speak fluent sarcasm. I'm unintentionally funny. My favorite thing is food. Guac is life. I'm a fountain of the most random information. I'm pretty, only because it's weird to call oneself beautiful. I'm weird in all the good ways. I live in the greatest city on Earth. I was Sasha before Beyonce was schizophrenic.
My life is stranger than fiction. But please, don't take my word for it.
My pen is mightier than my sword.

Instagram
@esskay.p

agenda
12/7 polaroid photo walk
12/8 festival of life
12/11 volez voguez voyagez
12/19 date night
12/23 christmas adam


musings
Truth is, I'm not innocent. I'm just an abstinent fireplace that doesn't wanna feel the fire kindled between her legs anymore so don't mind the ashes. They're just evidence of how brightly I can glow and I wanna glow hard like one dim star on an otherwise starless night that shines just to prove its fidelity.

twitter


Banners









blogwalk
|Alex| |DS| |Zoella| |Meghan| |CurlBox| |Cass| |TiKeDi| |The Read| |Infatuation| |Negin|

  mother knows best
Wednesday, September 2, 2015 || 11:58 PM
There comes a point in every young woman's life when she realizes that her mother was right. About basically everything. Now, you don't get there overnight. Mothers and daughters have complicated and sometimes delicate relationships. No, there is a process. First it's one thing. Maybe coming to a realization and having a nagging sensation that you've come to it before. And then you'll think about an experience, something you've gone through. You'll think about how a situation ended exactly as she predicted it would or how making certain choices, however small and irrelevant they may have seemed, made your life that much easier. And then you grapple with the horrifying thought that your worst nightmare has come true: you have become her. Because although you love her and would do anything for her, the woman is batshit crazy and you swore this would never happen. And then you dial down the drama and chalk it up to old age. Women get older, wiser, and then get along with their mothers. Because although you tried to deny it, your mother, in all of her infinite wisdom, was right. You cut your own bangs and learned the hard way that it's not the wisest choice. You dated that guy who was impossible to relate to because it was something to do. You trusted people who turned out to be more foe than friend. And you wore those shoes that were too high with that dress that was too short and got some very inappropriate propositions that night. So now that I'm older and hopefully wiser, I'll share some things. For those of you who haven't dealt with the reality that mother does indeed know best, maybe it'll be easier taking it from a daughter. The salon will always give you a better trim. I don't even know why this is a question. Dating a guy with similar (or even the same) cultural and/or religious background will make your life so much easier. There's so much you'll never have to explain, so much that you'll just get about each other. So many things that won't stress you out, including wondering whether your parents like him. That friend who doesn't act like your friend, isn't your friend. You're better than this. You deserve better than this. Move on, and let them watch you be great without them. And lastly, don't wear 4 inch heels with a dress that hits anywhere above the knee, you'll look like a prostitute. And depending on the dress, maybe not even a high paying one. The point is this: one day, your bangs will grow out, you'll date a gentleman and you'll make smarter choices and those choices will come from the far removed part of your brain that was accidentally listening while your mother lectured you about your hemline. And when that happens, you will be so very grateful for her.
To my mother, to all of the mothers, especially mothers to little women who are not quite women yet, I'm sorry. I know how frustrating it is to want someone to be smarter for their own good and they just refuse. Adolescence is no excuse. I feel for you. Probably a good time to mention that I doubt I have a maternal bone in my body but we'll see. However, I also want to thank you for everything you are and everything you do. It can't be easy always being right and being the only one to know it but you guys didn't sign up for the easy job and I respect it.

Labels: , ,



< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk. They say well behaved women seldom make history.
I plan to make history. Enjoy!